Water Damage Can Occur Anytime
With a large home to clean and take care of, checking for water damage probably isn’t a priority. Many homeowners have found unforeseen water damage after it was too late to reverse the damages. If this happens to you, it’s imperative to call the experts as soon as possible. The experts from Paul Davis will be able to assess and repair any water damage. You can take precautionary steps to prevent water damage from occurring. All homeowners need to be aware of the signs of water damage in your home.
The Causes of Water Damage
Your home sustains water damage when extra water collects in areas where it can cause problems. Paul Davis is always ready to come to your home to assess water damage. However, it’s important to know the signs of water damage. If you can stop water damage from occurring in the first place, you can live in your home for a long time. Flooding can happen from both outside elements and from inside your home. But no matter how water damage can occur, it’s important to be careful. If you believe that your home is experiencing water damage, look for the following:
- Leaking or frozen water pipes or lines
- Toilets, bathtubs or sinks that overflowed
- Sewage and septic tank lines that backed up
- Overflowing washing machines or dishwashers
Preventing Water Damage
The best way to repair water damage is to avoid it altogether. To avoid pricey repairs and possible homeowner’s insurance claims, preventive action is key. To prevent water damage, try the following:
- Frequently look over your appliances for leaks.
- Avoid pouring grease down your kitchen sink. This can cause major damage and blockage to your pipes.
- Make sure that your water pressure isn’t too high. If it is, it could cause unwanted stress on your pipes or hoses.
- When emergencies strike, know how to turn off your water main. If a pipe bursts or leaks, you’ll be able to turn off your water main right away to prevent irreversible damage.
- Be on the lookout for any unexpected spikes in your water bill. It could be a sign of a leak.
- Clean your gutters regularly to prevent damage to your siding or foundation.
Rely on Paul Davis to Whip Your House into Shape
A seemingly innocent leaking pipe or washing machine can easily turn into a bigger problem. While there are steps you can take to stop water damages, sometimes it’s too late. Has this happened to you? Call Paul Davis (203) 315-1500. We’ve taken care of water damages in homes for years. Let us take care of you.