How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Fire can cause serious damage to a building. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that can be just as detrimental. Your home and possessions can be overwhelmed by smoke odor and walls can be damaged by smoke soot. Fires can damage both to your family and your home.
Damages to your precious possessions can be devastating. That’s why our experts in soot and smoke are ready to help. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your building.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Your building can receive serious smoke or soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, smaller kitchen flare ups and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here are a few ways to quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- Turn off your AC to stop spreading smoke.
- To fan out smoke, put large fans by open windows and doors.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from ceilings and walls and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item in your home that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize window coverings and carpets.
The Smoke Restoration Process
If your building has serious smoke damage, it’s best to let the experts handle it. Paul Davis offers all-encompassing smoke remediation services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
You Can Trust Paul Davis
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. Our smoke remediation services will get your building back to normal sooner rather than later. Our professionals are highly-trained in effective using productive equipment for our smoke remediation cleaning services. We guarantee that you’ll receive faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life immediately. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup experts from Paul Davis at (203) 315-1500. We’ll connect you with the franchise closest to you.